Own Your Story, a group venture of authors, publishers, and promotion specialists, welcomes you to A Writer’s Bonfire: Sparking the Flame of the Writer Within. This event is an exclusive online course for writers and aspiring authors, with a focus on topics important to independent authors and self-publishing. It is intended to provide informative tips and practical strategies and tools to increase an aspiring or experienced writer’s knowledge and capacity, thus adding to their writer’s toolbox.
Brought to participants over the course of a weekend and in the comfort of their home, each session will be provided by an expert on topics that fall under the following categories:
- Marketing Your Novel
- Writing Your Novel
- Publishing Your Novel
- Branding Your Novel/Self
CONFERENCE SESSIONS AND REGISTRATION
The online conference will be held on February 23 and 24. To register for one or more of the sessions listed below, click here and complete the brief Google form.
- Creating Characters with Flair- Dahlia DeWinters, Author of Sentimental Romances to Dark Zombie Epics
- Diverse Characters in Novels- N.D. Jones, Author of Paranormal and Fantasy Romance
- Editing- Leanore Elliott, Author and Publisher
- Marketing- Ja'Nese Dixon, Author and Entrepreneur
- Scrivener Import and Split - Ines Johnson, Author, Professional Reader, and Teacher
- Show vs Tell - Jami Gray, Author of Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romantic Suspense, and Romantic Suspense
- Why Create An LLC & Writing Under 2 Names- LaVerne Thompson, Author of Paranormal, Fantasy, and Sci-fi Romance